luni, 19 august 2019

Words Create Worlds

Words Create Worlds


There is a mistake I make quite often, in saying that one episode from the past should have ended differently.

If only I could spend my whole life with miss Romania, it would have been divine, Heaven on Earth.
Eric Berne has written a classic of psychology, Games People Play.

One of the most played games is
If It Weren't For You, IIWFY

In many, if not most couples, spouses blame each other for some failed dream or another, maybe all those failed projects.
The author of that Magnus opus pertains that we in fact select our life, or long term, companions with the idea that they will prevent us from doing something we don't want to do anyway.

But we need a scapegoat it seems.

There are two sides that I think of here.
On the one hand, I play the game in reverse, when I often regret the absence of this 
Wonder Woman from my life.

She wasn't!

The proof?
Well after dumping me, the superb, wise, modest, spectacular, ultimate macho, Superman - which the last few words prove that she should have done - she has a few affairs and then boom!

She marries the ultimate Dark Vader, a crook who stole a fortune from the state, poor or just other people and then went to jail.
They even have a kid.

Was that better than me?
In what sense?
He could steal and I couldn't...oh, she couldn't possibly know he is a criminal?

Everybody was or is to one extent.

The other side to this IIWFY game, Berne himself uses abbreviation because it is so frequent it needs a short name, is that I could envisage the scenario with the two of us married.
After all, I had proposed and even if a lot of what happened is distant, foggy or just vanished, I seem to recall that she wasn't dead set against it.

Her Leo mother was.

If we were married,I would have suffered...most likely she would too, for a short while though, for divorce would just settle it.
Seeing her kiss people on stage and screen would have been hard,never mind the nakedness and the hard core scenes that I hear she was present in on occasion, maybe just once...if this be error, maybe never.

Therefore, I should concentrate on ending the chapters dedicated to that love - if that's the word - story and seek equanimity.
It was not to be, but we would have played the IIWFY game together, were well be man and wife.
Finally, she seems to have made another bizarre choice, marrying another odd individual, if fortunately, not another bank robber.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu